So, you are thinking of planning a romantic road trip with your special someone. After all, we’ve all heard the horror stories about how unreliable airlines are post pandemic. You already chose your destination, a romantic cabin in the mountains with a hot tub. Or maybe you can hear the waves lapping at the edge of the sand at the sunny beach resort you chose. If you are the outdoorsy type, you may have planned a camping trip that includes canoeing, hiking, and swimming. Good for you! You answered those road trip questions for couples planning a trip and got your road trip essentials.
But now you are nervous about the actual drive. What are you going to do all those long hours in the car? You can play the license plate game. But that only lasts until you get bored from seeing the same states over and over. And let’s face it, there is only so long you can go listening to each other singing to your road trip play list. But what if you could use this time to get to know each other better? What if this time could actually improve your relationship? These road trip questions for couples will keep the conversation lively, help get ideas for future trips, and get you both to know each other on a deeper level.
This post contains sponsored links. Please read full disclosure if you would like additional details.
Where Can I Find...?
Couples road trip travel questions
You are off on your trip. Why not use time on this road trip to get ideas for your next vacation together? According to the NY Post Americans are traveling more than ever since replacing their normal means of travel with road trips. These conversation starters will help you get ideas for your next fun trip. They will also help you evaluate what types of getaways work best for you as a couple.
- Looking back, what is your favorite destination you visited together?
- Now, what is your favorite destination you’ve visited without your significant other?
- Where would you like to plan your next trip together, and why?
- Where was your best family vacation as a child?
- Do you prefer the beach or the mountains? Why?
- Would you visit a nude beach?
- What was your worst vacation ever?
- What are the 3 best and worst things about traveling?
- Where would you plan to go for the ideal weekend getaway?
- What is your best travel advice?
For travel tips, the latest posts, and exclusive extras, you are invited to join my frequent visitor group.
Plus, you will also get access to a free road trip scavenger hunt checklist you can print to play on your trip!
Bucket list road trip questions for couples
Time to think outside the box. Consequently, now you will expand your horizons to include some bucket list worthy ideas. If you have a pen and paper handy, you can use them to create your list. Then use your list to plan some really amazing dates.
- If you could learn another language, what would it be and why?
- What new talent would you like to add to your bucket list?
- If you could have a wild animal encounter, which animal would you choose?
- Which UNESCO site is your top choice to visit?
- What activity would fulfill your need for speed?
- If you could participate in a cultural celebration in another country, what would it be?
- On the other hand, which extreme sport would give you the ultimate rush?
- Further, what new physical activities have you always wanted to try?
- How can you add something romantic to your bucket list?
- Moreover, what intellectual goal have you always wanted to accomplish?
Did you know that some cities give discounts for booking multiple attractions? Search cities you are stopping at on your trip to get local city passes to save money. Saving more means more vacations!
Questions for couples to learn more about each other
These questions dig deep into the psyche to uncover what your values are and what drives your motivation.
- If you could create the ultimate job for yourself, what would it be?
- What was the best gift you ever received, and why?
- How would you spend your winnings, if you won the lottery?
- Meanwhile, what would you do differently if you found out you only had 6 months to live?
- If you could have a conversation with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Then what would you talk about?
- What was the most inspiring book you ever read?
- Tell about a time that you turned a negative experience into a positive one?
- What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
- If you had a time machine, what time period wold you travel to?
- Tell about a time you dreaded doing something, but it turned out not to be as bad as you thought?
Road trip quizzes for couples
Time for a game. The idea is to see how well you know each other. The way to play is to answer the questions from the other’s point of view. Score 1 point for each item you get correct. Don’t worry, if you get a lot wrong. This road trip will give you plenty of opportunities to learn more about each other.
- What are your 3 favorite foods?
- Who are your 3 closest friends?
- Where do you go when you want to be alone?
- Name 3 of your hobbies.
- What are your 3 favorite songs?
- Who do you admire most?
- What are your 3 favorite movies?
- What was your most embarrassing moment?
- When did you first feel like a grown up?
- To sum up, what 3 words would you use to describe yourself?
Romantic road trip questions
If you have been together for a long time kids, jobs, and running a household can get in the way of romance. Conversations turn to talk of schedules, finances, and household chores. These questions will help you reconnect and rekindle the romance.
- What did you do on your first date?
- When did you first know you were in love?
- Now, plan your perfect future date.
- What was your best date?
- What compliment would you most want to hear from your loved one?
- Where is the most unusual place you made love?
- Name something you think would spice up your love life.
- What is the most romantic thing your partner has done?
- What is the best way your partner can demonstrate their love for you?
- Now plan the ultimate romantic weekend.
Use your time in the car wisely. After planning your ultimate romantic weekend, start booking places to stay. Click on the banner to start booking!
Would you rather? Random road trip questions
These questions are meant to be silly and can also be used on family road trips or trips with friends. They may even inspire you to come up with your own off the wall choices.
- Which would you rather be: a vampire or a werewolf?
- Would you rather have super strength but be only 3′ tall, or would you rather be 6′ 4″ but have less than average strength?
- Would you rather jump in an ice cold crystal clear lake, or a comfortably cool pond that is swampy?
- Which would you rather live near: a noisy train station, or a smelly garbage dump?
- Would you rather smell like a skunk, or be as hairy as a gorilla?
- Would you rather eat live bugs, or a cooked tarantula?
- Where would you rather camp: in the bayou with alligators nearby, or on the edge of a mountain cliff?
- Would you rather go cage diving with sharks, or go white water rafting without a life vest?
- Which ability would you rather have: the ability to fly, or the ability to run as fast as a freight train?
- Which is worse: having lice all over your body, or sleeping in a room infested with bedbugs?
These questions should keep you busy. And don’t forget to click here to sign up for our frequent visitor’s club and gain access to your free printable scavenger hunt list. Plus check out 50 road trip trivia questions for more road trip fun!
Donna Emperador is a travel and food blogger and copywriter. Donna believes in learning about different cultures while sharing good food and cocktails. She has lived in South Florida for over 20 years and enjoys spending time exploring the road to find unique places to share with readers. She can be found on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.