We came up with these Autumn cocktails for you to make at holiday gatherings. Although we can’t always be with the ones we love during the holidays, these drinks will transport you to gatherings past and future.
Here are some sponsored links we recommend to start you off as a mixologist:
Autumn Cocktails #1: Apple Pie ala Mode
- 1 1/2 oz. Evan Williams Apple Whiskey
- 1/2 oz. Chila Cinnamon Cream
- apple slice for garnish
- First shake whiskey and cinnamon cream in a cocktail shaker. Then pour over ice in a rocks glass.
- After that sprinkle with cinnamon and garnish with an apple wedge.
Similarly, you may garnish the drink with a cinnamon stick instead of an apple wedge.
Note: We made several attempts at this drink before finding the right brands and proportions. We found that these brands gave us the exact flavor we were looking for. On the other hand, if you use different brands your results may differ.
Autumn Cocktails #2: Pumpkin Pie
- 1 1/2 oz. Pinnacle Limited Edition Pumpkin Vodka
- 1/2 oz. Fulton’s Harvest Pumpkin Pie Cream Liquer
- whipped cream
- First, mix vodka and liquer in a cocktail shaker. Then pour over ice into a rocks glass.
- After that, top with desired amount of whipped cream. Finally, sprinkle with cinnamon, and serve
Autumn Cocktails #3: Cranberry Sauce
This drink is a great drink before or during a holiday dinner because its light and not too filling.
- 2 oz. cranberry simple syrup
- 2 oz. white rum
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- fresh or frozen cranberries
- Begin by filling a cocktail glass with ice.
- Then mix simple syrup, rum, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker and pour in the glass over ice.
- After that, top with seltzer, and garnish with cranberries. I like using frozen cranberries because they help keep the drink chilled.
To make cranberry simple syrup mix two cups of sugar with one cup of water in a pot over medium heat. Then add one cup of cranberries. Stir until sugar is dissolved and liquid is dark pink. Don’t boil because cranberries will burst. After cooling strain the liquid. Further, you can use the leftover cranberry mixture as a substitute for preserves on some toast. Store simple syrup in the refrigerator.
I often make this syrup recipe with other berries such as blueberries or strawberries. It makes a great pancake topping.
We usually buy our liquor at Total Wine. They have a wide variety at reasonable prices.
Dan and I created these spooky Halloween cocktails to serve to your friends for your next Halloween gathering whether virtual or in person. Halloween sweets, treats, and more have arrived on Amazon! paid link Spooky Halloween Cocktails #1: Almond Bliss…Read More
All photos on this page are compliments of Ray Letoa’s rum class sign up for my newsletter here Several years ago my husband and I visited a rum distillery during our road trip to New Orleans so we thought it…Read More
original liquors used in the drink Here are a few easy Christmas cocktails we have come up with after much trial and error so you don’t have to. Try them out and let us know what you think. Not sure…Read More
While at our virtual rum class with Ray, we mentioned how we had infused alcohol with different flavors. He then recommended infusing white rum with mint for mojito making. However, at that time our mint plant was not producing enough…Read More