Here are a few easy Christmas cocktails we have come up with after much trial and error so you don’t have to. Try them out and let us know what you think. Not sure where to find all the liquor? Total Wine has a large selection at reasonable prices plus they have a rewards club where you can earn discounts.
Easy Christmas Cocktails: Eggnog Aperitif
- Ginger Vodka 1 oz.
- Frangelico 1 oz.
- ‘Ol Santy Eggnog 1oz.
- whipped cream
- Mix vodka, Frangelico, and Eggnog liquor in a cocktail shaker.
- Then pour in a cocktail glass.
- Subsequently, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
This recipe started off with white rum, but we felt something was missing. If you have followed us on social media you know we did a blind taste test trying 4 different liquors to see which tasted the best prior to writing this post. In conclusion, I thought our homemade ginger infused vodka had the best spice flavor. However, my husband like the Sailor Jerry’s Spiced Rum a slight bit better. So if you are specifically a ginger fan I recommend that one. On the other hand, if you aren’t a huge ginger fan, go with spiced rum. We also tested Skyy Vanilla Vodka. This had a bit less spice but was a little sweeter. The white rum came in last. In addition, you can serve over ice and leave out the whipped cream and cinnamon.
Moreover, to find some great gift ideas for the mixologist in your life click on these sponsored links:
Easy Christmas Cocktails: Gingerbread
- 1 oz. Ginger Vodka
- Splash of Fireball
- 1 oz. Hiram Walker Butterscotch Schnapps
- 1 oz. Irish Cream
- Gingerbread cookie for garnish
Note: You can buy Ginger vodka in the store, but we infused our own. Read this to learn how to infuse liquor.
- Start by filling a cocktail glass with ice.
- Then add liquor and stir.
- Finally, garnish with a gingerbread cookie.
Easy Christmas Cocktails: Candy Cane
- 1 oz. Skyy Vanilla Vodka
- 1 oz. Marula Cream Liqueur
- 2 oz. peppermint schnapps
- crushed candy canes
- whipped cream
* If you can’t find Marula Cream Liqueur you can use Irish Cream
- Prepare your cocktail glass by dipping the rim in honey and likewise in crushed candy cane.
- Subsequently pour liquors in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and mix.
- After that, strain liquid into the prepared cocktail glass.
- Then top with whipped cream and additional crushed candy cane.
- Most importantly, sit back and enjoy the drink while waiting for Santa.
Please let me know how you like the drinks. Follow me on Facebook to stay up to date with our latest cocktails and to give input as to what we should create next.
Warning: Use of undefined constant php – assumed ‘php’ (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/exploretheroadwithdonnamarie.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/magical-posts-display/includes/blocks/posts-tab.php on line 421
While at our virtual rum class with Ray, we mentioned how we had infused alcohol with different flavors. He then recommended infusing white rum with…Read More
Dan and I created these spooky Halloween cocktails to serve to your friends for your next Halloween gathering whether virtual or in person. Halloween sweets,…Read More
I originally wrote this last year before vaccines were available, and my husband and I did not want to go out to eat. With the…Read More
paid link South African Wine Regions Photos in this post are from Manfred’s virtual tour and are used to complement the information gathered from his…Read More
In this follow up to Best Pubs and Bars of the World we continue to explore additional hidden speakeasys, converted pubs, and happening bars. The…Read More
My husband and I love doing winery tastings. We have mostly sampled Florida wines since we live in this region. However, we have been to…Read More