Legoland FL is open with extra safety measures in place during the current pandemic. Safety measures include, limiting capacity, cashless payments, social distancing, as well as enhanced cleaning practices. Currently facial coverings are necessary indoors and on rides for those 8 and up. However, if you forgot yours, the park has them available for purchase. Also, be prepared to pay with plastic. As with many places during the pandemic, Legoland no longer accepts cash.
My family was lucky enough to visit Legoland FL years ago when they weren’t officially opened yet. Of course, the Lego displays were already amazing. Over time, they have added many more rides and displays. Therefore if you are a Lego fan, Legoland FL is a must see. Click here for tickets.
Legoland FL is located at One Legoland Way in Winter Haven, FL., just 45 minutes from Orlando or Tampa. The best advice I can give is to get the Legoland app. You can get daily opening and closing times, wait times for rides, and get driving directions. In addition you can plan your trip around the park by looking at the map and finding nearby places to eat, shop, and find a restroom.
While Legoland FL makes accommodations for those with special needs, make sure to check their website for details. You must be able to transport yourself into the rides as workers are not permitted to lift guests. Also some rides are restricted to those with casts for safety reasons. The website has a form to fill out for additional questions.
Legoland FL is divided into many sections. Here are some of the highlights to help you plan your visit:
- Aquazone Wave Racers- Florida gets very hot, so when you need to cool off steer your own racer while trying to avoid water blasts. Must be 40″, but under 52″ must be accompanied by someone over 14 years of age.
- Technic Tot Spot- Of course the tiniest Lego enthusiasts need a place to play. Therefore, here they have their own area to climb around.
- Technicycle- Perhaps you would like to pedal this highflying glider to go up and down in a ride you control yourself. Minimum height is 36″ and must be accompanied by someone 14 and up unless you are 48″ tall.
- The Great Lego Race- Moreover you will have to try this road rally rollercoaster for those 48″ and up. Between 42″-48″ must be accompanied by an adult.
Legoland FL- Fun Town
- The Grand Carousel- Of course no theme park is complete without a ride on the carousel. Further, this one is that it is a double decker.
Also don’t forget to check out the 4D theater. Check the website for current movies.
The Lego Movie World
If you are a Lego Movie fan don’t miss this.
- Battle of Bricksburg- Florida gets very hot so you will welcome getting to spray evil alien invaders on this water ride where you will get drenched. Certainly a great way to cool off on a hot day.
- Benny’s Play Ship- At times parents need a break, so relax while your kids play on this fun Space playground where kids can run and climb.
- Emmet’s Super Suite- During your trip you must visit Emmet’s apartment and stroll down the streets of Bricksburg. It’s like being in the movie!
- The Lego Movie Masters of Flight- This indoor movie ride takes you on a journey while seated on a flying couch. Minimum height is 40″
- Unikitty’s Disco Drop- Bounce around Cloud Cuckoo Land as well as spin down to Earth. Must be 40″.
Legoland FL- Miniland USA
Certainly, this area is my favorite due to the amazing engineering of these Lego buildings. Since my husband and I honeymooned in Las Vegas, we were impressed with these hotel replicas from the Vegas Strip. In addition to Vegas we loved seeing Key West, Daytona Speedway, and Kennedy Space Center, all Florida landmarks. However, one of my all time favorites has to be the Statue of Liberty with its ferry circling around it in the harbor and the parade in front of the Capitol Building.
Legoland FL- Duplo Valley
This area is for the smallest Lego fans.
- Duplo Splash & Play- When it is hot outside go to the Splash play ground in a farm setting for the little ones.
- Duplo Tot Spot- Play area designed for those 2 and under.
- Florida Prepaid Schoolhouse- An indoor soft play area where little ones can practice letters and numbers.
- Duplo Tractor- Then go on a Tractor ride where little ones “plow” the corn.
- Duplo Train- Although this is for the kiddies, they must be 48″ to ride alone or 34″ accompanied by a responsible person 14 and up for safety reasons.
Who doesn’t love the time of King Arthur?
- Merlin’s Challenge- Ride this mini wooden train rollercoaster in the kingdom of Merlin
- Royal Joust- Then ride a Lego horse through the forest
- The Dragon- After that twist and turn on this steel coaster. Must be a minimum of 40″ to ride with an adult.
- The Forestmen’s Hideout- Interactive playground where kids can swing on ropes, crawl through tunnels, climb ladders, etc. Just watch out because our kids went in and didn’t come out for hours!
Land of Adventure
- Coastersaurus- Ride through a prehistoric jungle and encounter life size animated Lego dinosaurs. Must be 42″ to ride.
- Beetle Bounce- Go up 15 feet and then drop down away from the scarab beetles. Minimum height 36″
- Lost Kingdom of Adventure- Shoot lasers at mummies on this indoor off-road vehicle ride.
- Pharaoh’s Revenge Land of Adventure- An outdoor attraction where you can explore a maze and shoot soft foam balls at enemies.
- Safari Trek- View your favorite safari animals from this children’s jeep ride. All animals are made from Legos!
- Boating School- Navigate your own boat through the water. We did this as a family.
- Flying School- If you are 44″ and above you can fly on this suspended coaster into Legoland FL skies.
- Ford Driving School & Driving School Jr.- Earn your driver’s license after mastering your own Lego car. One course is for bigger kids, and the other for smaller ones. Ours had a hard time understanding how to navigate the car, but she had fun anyway.
- NFPA Rescue Academy- Work with your family to race others to see who can be the quickest to put out a fire. This creates a lot of teamwork with someone pumping the machinery to make the vehicle move, another working the hydrant, and another aiming the hose.
- Tot Spot- Get out of the heat and take a break while your little ones play in this airplane themed indoor playground. Yet another great break for the grown ups.
Head indoors to explore your imagination with unlimited Lego bricks to build with. Fun for Lego fans of all ages! Then go next door and test your strength to pull yourself to the top of the tower for a birds eye view of the park.
Cypress Gardens which opened in 1939 was Florida’s first Theme park, known for its beautiful gardens and waterskiing shows. Although Legoland FL took over this park, guests still have access to the beautiful botanical gardens. You can stroll through a haven of banana trees, palms, azaleas, and camelias.
- Heartlake Stepping Tones Fountain- Create your own music by stepping on the interactive icons which create beautiful music around this fountain.
- Mia’s Riding Adventure- Go to riding camp on this disc rollercoaster
Legoland FL- Lego Ninjago World
In addition to the rides you can even meet your favorite characters Kai and Nya.
- Lego Ninjago The Ride- Blast fireballs and lightning to defeat the Great Devourer in this ride.
- Lego Ninjago World- Team up with friends and family to blast villians
Where to Eat?
Legoland offers many family friendly food options. Satisfy your snack cravings at Firehouse Ice Cream, Fun Town Slushies, Funnel Cake Factory, Granny’s Apple Fries, Kingdom Cones, or Heartlake Ice Cream Parlor. Wherever you are in the park you can guarantee you will find a tasty treat. When you need something more substantial, quick options include Taco Everyday, Ultimate Sandwich Builder, Dragon’s Den (get the giant turkey leg), Kick’n Chicken Co., Ninja Kitchen Food Truck (Asian food), and Pepper & Roni’s Pizza. However, if you want a sit down meal, try Burger Kitchen or Fun Town Pizza & Pasta Buffet.
And the fun doesn’t stop here. In 2022 Legoland plans to open the first ever Peppa Pig Theme Park in Florida. Also, if you plan to visit during the summer, Legoland has an additional water park with fun for all ages.