Tropical drinks traditionally conjure images of islands, beaches, tiki bars, and endless hours in the sun. But when you are stuck at home you can still bring a bit of the islands to you. Therefore we created this list of summer cocktails including several types of lemonade with vodka that guarantee to make you feel like you are in the tropics. Of course you provide the pool and beach wear!
For products, we buy most of our liquor at Total Wine because they have a large selection. Ingredient links are sponsored links through Amazon.
Cranberry Lemonade with Vodka
Lemonade drinks are always refreshing during heat waves. This cranberry lemonade with vodka has the added health benefit of juice. In addition, the soda makes it extra refreshing.
- 2 oz. of your favorite vodka
- 2 oz. sour mix
- lemon lime soda
- 2 oz. cranberry juice
- lemon wedge for garnish
Directions for Cranberry Lemonade with Vodka
- Mix vodka, sour mix, and cranberry juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Then pour it into an ice filled cocktail glass and top with soda. After that garnish with the lemon wedge to serve.
I have included this sponsored link in case you need some mixology equipment.Bartending Supplies
Island Lemonade with Vodka
Certainly, this tropical drink guarantees to quench your thirst even on the hottest day. However, just be sure not to drink it too fast! For best results make your own sour mix using fresh lemons and limes and homemade simple syrup. But if you lack the time to do this you can use lemonade or buy sour mix at the grocery store or click on the sponsored links.
- 1 1/2 oz. vodka
- 1/2 oz. Blue Curacao
- 2 oz. Sour Mix
- 3-4 oz. 7-up or Sprite
- First, pour all liquids except 7up into an ice filled highball glass. After that, stir well.
- Then top with 7up and stir. Garnish with a lemon wedge when you are ready to serve. (optional)
To make simple syrup first boil one cup of water. Remove from heat and stir in 2 cups of sugar until dissolved. It can be stored indefinitely in a glass jar in your refrigerator. Depending on what you like to drink you can add ingredients when boiling the water such as mint, ginger, etc. Just make sure you strain the liquid before using.
To sum up, sour mix can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Cherry Lemonade with Vodka
This drink transports me back to our stay on a sailboat when we drank tropical libations at the marina.
- 2 oz. vodka
- 3 oz. sour mix
- 1 oz. grenadine
- lemon lime soda
- maraschino cherry for garnish
Directions for Cherry Lemonade with Vodka
- Mix vodka, sour mix, and grenadine in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Then strain into an ice filled cocktail glass.
- After that, top with soda and garnish with a cherry to serve.
Certainly, this drink will transport you to a deserted island. In addition, it goes great with typical South Florida Cuisine. We created it to both refresh and inspire.
- 2 oz. white rum
- 1/2 oz. Amaretto
- 1/2 oz. Grenadine
- 3-4 oz. pineapple juice
- maraschino cherries or pineapple wedge to garnish
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice.
- Further, add first 3 ingredients and stir.
- Then top with pineapple juice and stir again.
- Finally garnish with cherries or a fresh pineapple wedge.
Tropical Buccaneers’ Revenge
On the other hand, this drink is aptly named because it packs a punch. Of course, you can adjust the amount of jalapenos you use based on your threshold for pain.
- 2 oz. Pinnacle Coconut vodka
- 1/2 oz sour mix
- tsp. simple syrup
- fresh sliced jalapeno
- Start by filling a tall glass with ice.
- Then, use a mortar and pestal to crush sliced jalapenos. Of course, how many you use depends on the strength of the jalapeno and how spicy you like your drink. For instance, I made the mistake of crushing up 4 slices before I realized the jalapenos I bought were almost the strength of habaneros!
- After crushing the jalapenos, place them in the glass. Then drizzle in the simple syrup, then the sour mix.
- After that, add the vodka.
- Finish with seltzer and stir.
For additional ideas about safe vacation ideas read more here.
Donna Emperador is a travel and food blogger and copywriter. Donna believes in learning about different cultures while sharing good food and cocktails. She has lived in South Florida for over 20 years and enjoys spending time exploring the road to find unique places to share with readers. She can be found on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Pubs and Bars Around the World: Discover the Best
I started this post about pubs and bars around the world because I thought it would be fun to hear about interesting places. My favorite is the Carousel Bar in New Orleans where the bar is an actual carousel which…Read More
Winery Tastings: Sneak away to the best around the world
Bold reds, sparkling whites, a nice port as an aperitif in winter. Do these phrases make you wish your work day was over? You are not alone. My husband and I look forward to a rich glass of Pinot Noir…Read More
Lemonade with Vodka: How to Make Tropical Drinks at Home
Tropical drinks traditionally conjure images of islands, beaches, tiki bars, and endless hours in the sun. But when you are stuck at home you can still bring a bit of the islands to you. Therefore we created this list of…Read More
Muscadine Grapes and Other Fruits: Introducing Wines to tempt your senses
Do you like wine? If you want to visit all the cliche wineries in Napa or the Loire Valley go ahead and face the crowds. However, if you want a more personal, off the beaten path experience, come to Florida….Read More
Red White and Blue Drinks: How to Make Patriotic Drinks
I wanted to create some red white and blue drinks in time for the 4th of July holiday. That is to say, after much research and experimentation these are what I came up with. I hope you enjoy these red…Read More
New Year’s Cocktails, Ring in the Year Right
The clink of glasses, the explosion of fireworks, a kiss at midnight, celebrating with friends and family – priceless. The new year is a time to start fresh, wipe the slate clean, set new goals. We celebrate the end of…Read More
Best Mixed Drinks with Tequila and How to Make Them
Due to Cinco De Mayo coming up I decided to write about the best mixed drinks with Tequila. Of course the best way to drink tequila would be to go to a tequila tasting in Nuevo Vallarta. However, for those…Read More
Mojito Making & How to Infuse Liquor with Incredible Flavors
While at our virtual rum class with Ray, we mentioned how we had infused alcohol with different flavors. He then recommended infusing white rum with mint for mojito making. However, at that time our mint plant was not producing enough…Read More
Irish Whiskey Drinks: How to Make Exciting Cocktails
The Irish like to taste their whiskey. Therefore I had some difficulty coming up with Irish whiskey drinks for this post. The Irish don’t like to mix their whiskey with anything because it changes the flavor. However, I did find…Read More